Today is day 27 of the plants lives, and they all showed sex a few days ago, except for the weak unhealthy one. So I culled all the males and the weak plant. And now am left with 4 females.
I was planning on only using Maxibloom fertilizer throughout the entire grow. But these plants really looked starved for nitrogen and pale. Maybe its just the strain, because in the past I have done other plants with only 1/2 Maxibloom throughout the entire grow successfully. So I ended up watering them now twice since the last update using 3/4 strength Maxigro. Lack of nutrition seems to have stunted them a bit, but I’m actually happy with that because I wanted to try and keep these plants very short by the time they finish. I am hoping they don’t stretch out too much more before they go into full flowering mode. I plan to give them the Maxigro maybe one more time, just to green them up a bit more, then I will be switching back to the Maxibloom for the remainder of this grow.
Another change I made was I switched my light bulbs from the 5000k temperature to the 2700k bulbs. Since I have less plants now I also decided to take out 2 light bulbs. So now the remaining 4 females are currently under 3 x 8.5 watt 2700k bulbs, for a total of 25.5 watts. I might add back in a couple more bulbs as they get a little older but I still have not made up my mind yet if I will or not.